Home buying is a process that often leaves you tired and happy at the same time. If you have just stepped into your new home that you have bought after several considerations, speculations and planning, you must be overwhelmed right now. However, your task does not end here especially, if you have bought this house/apartment from a seller who has been living in it. Before you settle down peacefully and happily in the new home, there are certain things that you need to take care of. Here is a detailed list.
- To begin with, make a checklist of all the home maintenance steps that you need to take right after you buy an apartment in Kolkata. Also prioritise them accordingly based on the tasks that you would like to complete on a monthly, quarterly or annual basis. Make sure that you execute the tasks perfectly for the first month and if you are able to do so, you will automatically get a hang of it and then, your home maintenance will never remain an issue in the future.
- Changing the old locks and making spare keys is one of the first things that you need to do once you start living in your new home. Installing new door hardware is not necessary. Changing only the set of basic doorknobs and locks should be fine and it will also not cost you much. Many homebuyers, in all their excitement of taking possession of the new home, forget about this small but very essential step. However, the faster you are, the higher will be the security standards of your new home.
- Whether your home is already partly furnished or not, go for energy efficient appliances when you set up the new ones. Focus on reliability and energy efficiency above all other factors; even if that considerably increases the cost you have to pay up front. An appliance that uses little energy and lasts 20 years is far, far cheaper over the long run than one that runs for seven years and guzzles electricity.
- LED and CFL bulbs can save you a lot of money on energy use over the long haul while also lasting longer than normal incandescent bulbs. Thus, these are more favourable towards your upfront investments. Consider installing some in various places — especially in areas where the lights may be in use for long periods, like the living room, or left on accidentally, like a back hallway or basement. CFL bulbs tend to be cheaper, but LED bulbs are usually preferable in terms of performance, and have come down in cost quite a bit over the past few years.
Keep these small things in mind to be able to live in a home that turns out to be way better than how you bought it or expected it to be. Happy home buying!
In this period of growing economy, buying a home involves a lot of capital. It’s one of the biggest financial investments a person gets involved in. And since it involves a lot of money, homebuyers are usually concerned about saving as much money as they can. Now, there are people who like to take decisions on their own when purchasing a home and go ahead doing the research on their own. There are, however, others who involve agents in the home buying process. They discuss their requirements, preferred locations, etc., with agents before buying their dream home. First time homebuyers may not know which would be a better option for them.
Buying an apartment in Kolkata through an agent is an easier process. But, there are a few who feel involving an agent is a sheer waste of money as they demand commission from both the buyers as well as the sellers. For first time homebuyers buying a home all by themselves can be a tough task to handle. On the other hand involving an expert can make their home buying process easier. In order to convince homebuyers to take the help of agents here are five pros of finding a home through an agent.
- Better Accessibility – Now, we all know that real estate agents are professionals with access to all the possible real estate properties in the market. Taking assistance of these agents can be beneficial in getting to know about all the preferable properties in the city and choose the one that suits the budget well.
- Negotiation is an Art – Well, if homebuyers thought negotiation was easy then they should think again. This is the main part of the entire home buying process that will encourage or discourage one to buy a property. Hence, it is important that a professional real estate agent does the talking.
- Easy Handling of the Contracts – Handling of the contract is not an easy job. An experienced agent is well-versed with the terms and conditions of the clauses for buying a home on a regular basis. So, even if a homebuyer misses out on these, the agent will keep a keen eye on the details.
- Less Chances of Lying – As the agents are associated with the registered real estate companies, there are fewer chances of fraud and forgery. So, agents will charge only as per the standard rates followed by the organization.
- Scope to Save Money – Buying a home involves a lot of expenditure. So, the natural tendency of any homebuyer will be to save as much money as possible. By taking the help of a real estate agent one can save a lot of money by getting the best deal. And only an agent can do this by exercising his negotiating skills.
If the above mentioned pros are convincing enough then a homebuyer can decide to take the help of an expert real estate agent to buy the home of his dreams without any hassle.
The final walk-through can be considered one of the most important steps in the process of buying a home. This is where the buyer can confirm whether the apartment is in exactly the same condition as was promised. It is also an opportunity to ensure that the agreed upon repairs, if any, in case of home that was already being occupied, were made as specified.
Sometimes, home buyers, willing to buy an apartment in Kolkata, do not pay enough attention to the final walk-through because they’re too excited about finally closing on a home particularly when it has taken a while to find the right home for them. This may lead to apparently small but long-term problems once the buyer takes ownership.
It is smart to take the walk-through seriously and think things through. So, here is a list of some essential tips for home buyers to help them complete a smooth and effective walk-through.
- A walk-through can lead to the discovery of repairs that have to be made. As such, if you do the walk through on the same day as the closing, you might not have enough time to have the problems resolved.
- Two walk-throughs can take place too. The first walk-through identifies some problems for the buyer, and the second ensures the redressing of those problems.
- Plug a phone in and out of the electrical outlets so that you can ensure that the electricity works. You want to avoid moving in your belongings, only to realize that some of the outlets do not work.
- Sometimes, sellers may be too caught up in moving to their new home that they may forget to remove their household junk. You should take the time to check the attic, under the deck and garage.
- Before completing the final walk-through, be sure to ask for working keys to all the doors, garage openers, alarm codes, and any system or appliance manuals. It is also quite acceptable to ask the seller for copies of receipts for any promised repairs.
- Buyers normally fall in love with a house that is full of belongings, furniture and art. They see it as a welcoming home, and eventually grow a warm feeling.
The journey towards owning a home is usually a long one, filled with ups and downs and lots of excitement. The final walk through is one of the last steps and it needs to be given utmost importance by buyers and sellers alike.
If you ask ten people who have recently bought a home in the past 12 months, chances are that at least one of these ten people will mention that he had a poor experience with a real estate agent. There are several home buyers who make the mistake of choosing a real estate dealer who lacks the desired skill and expertise.
If you are in the process of buying one of those posh apartments near EM Bypass or any other area, here is a list of problems that will likely arise if you make a bad choice. Check out for the signs beforehand to avoid suffering later.
Lack of Confidence – When you go to hire an agent you should have a list of real estate related questions in hand to ask the person. You need to know if this individual is a top performer and has enough experience in the field. A good narrator with nothing to back up what he is saying is a sure sign that the realtor is not confident enough to be trusted with something as crucial as home buying.
Less Communication – Your agent should remain in regular communication with you throughout the buying process. If the agent fails to do this there could be a problem. It could mean that he is not actually doing any work for you, or it could mean that the work he is doing is not accomplishing anything. At the least, a lack of communication is a sure sign of inexperience or incompetence. A good real estate agent will always have a communication system in place and will keep you updated with all the relevant information irrespective of whether you have asked for it or not.
Unprofessional – Another tell-tale sign that you have hired the wrong kind of real estate agent is that they are unprofessional. There are many things that imply unprofessionalism when it comes to real estate agents. One of the biggest signs that an agent is unprofessional is whether or not he values your time. Is your real estate agent showing up late to appointments? If the answer is yes, you are surely not moving in the right direction.
Too Persuasive – On the other hand, the agent may be way more forceful than you are expecting. Home buying solely involves your money and your choice. The real estate agent is there to guide you and is working to get you what you want only as long as it is feasible. If your agent is trying to shove you into a deal you are not comfortable with, walk away immediately.
Keep these signs in mind and make sure you choose a good real estate agent who will largely determine the deal you are able to strike.
Buying a luxury apartment as your own home is a dream worth cherishing. Out of so many things that we possess in life, home remains one of the most prized ones. With a good number of real estate organizations coming up with excellent residential projects in and around Kolkata, you can literally be spoilt for a choice in case you are planning to buy a 2BHK luxury apartment. However, you need to make sure that you research well before investing on it.
2BHK luxury apartments offer you with a lot of perks that justify the fortune you are required to shell out on them. Now, while you can always be guided in the right direction by your real estate expert, it is good to be aware of the things you must consider while buying posh 2BHK flats in Sonarpur.
Great Location – If an apartment claims to belong to the higher standards but is located in the interiors, it does not qualify to be the apartment of your choice. Convenience is one of the most important necessities of life. So, your apartment should ideally be providing you with access to all important facilities as well as places of entertainment.
Unobstructed View – Your new home should offer you with an extra dose of sophistication. Only then will your investment on them be justified. While choosing an apartment for yourself and your family, make sure that the balcony of the flat gives you an unobstructed view of the skyline and of the adjacent water body, if there is one. If your apartment looks big but is apparently dark and at one corner of the building, do not go for it. Similarly, your apartment should necessarily be the one that offers you with views other than the boring crowded streets or the living room of your closest neighbor.
Advanced and High-Quality Fittings – This is yet another important feature of a flat and this should be one of your criteria for choosing an apartment. Your apartment must have high-quality fittings and excellent finishing. And this is applicable for not just your bedroom and living room but also kitchen, bathroom, doors, windows and ceiling. Check for the quality of the floor tiles used or the finishing of the marble polish. Settle for nothing less than something that is absolutely praiseworthy and makes you fall in love with the home at the very first sight.
Choose a reputed real estate developer to strike the right deal and enjoy your possession to the fullest.